We experienced a few hours of server downtime this morning. After looking into the cause, we found that our site exceeded the allotted server resources and was taken down temporarily by our web-host because a particular user was requesting hundreds of pages at the same time. As a result, we had to ban that IP before our web-host allowed us to put the site back up.
We would like to take this opportunity to warn our readers to avoid abusive behavior, or else risk getting IP banned. Please do not do any of the following:
– Load more than 5 pages of our website at the same time, or constantly refreshing pages every few seconds
– Use any plugins that automatically “prefetches” many pages on our site
– Hotlink images or any other content from our website. This includes using images from our site in your signature on a different website (I’m looking at you, R____n from moviecodec.com)
– Use any software that automatically downloads every single resource found on our site
– Post spam/advertising/inappropriate messages
– Use a browser with malware that might simulate the above activity. Older versions of Internet Explorer are considered high risk. Google Chrome is an awesome alternative.
Please remember that we are providing a free and ad-less service and are currently paying for the server costs out of our own pocket money. If you just can’t wait for the latest chapter, instead of refreshing our homepage every two seconds, we suggest subscribing to any of our services that automatically alerts you to new chapters: our Facebook page, our Twitter account, our RSS feed, or the built-in WordPress Subscribe option on the right.
We would like to be more lenient, but unfortunately we simply cannot afford to do so. So please enjoy our translations responsibly to keep our server up and running. If you do happen to find yourself IP banned, please contact us at email@example.com and work things out with us. We will lift the ban if you demonstrate to us that you have taken corrective measures.
Amgine, on behalf of PR!